Student Photography Initiative (SPIN)
SPIN, an initiative within Student Engagement, was created to help students and student organizations at UVA capture their events and experiences through photography AT NO COST. To request a SPIN photographer at your next event, go here.
*SPIN primarily focuses on event photography and would consider other ways to be supportive.
- SOCIAL MEDIA
- HOOVIEW and @UVA are two excellent avenues for anyone within the UVA community to advertise events and initiatives on Grounds. Both exist to promote communication among students, faculty, administration, and the Charlottesville community.
- HooView is a display system for digital advertisements (flyers) across network-enabled screens on Grounds. UVA entities can submit a flyer to HooView for approval. To submit content for HooView, please visit the @UVA homepage, log in, and click the link under the HooView Submission Form. More details on submissions are included there.
- @UVA is our student engagement platform where students explore opportunities to get involved and manage their student organization pages. The platform also includes a bulletin board and calendar for announcements and event details. Primary Contacts for Departments and registered student organizations (CIOs, SSOs, etc.) can go to their page on @UVA and create “News” articles to share event announcements.
- FLYER POSTING IN NEWCOMB HALL
- ONE posting per organization, per event, per board
- Flyers should not cover up other flyers (slight overlap is ok)
- All postings are removed on Sunday night
- CONNECTIONS is a newsletter distributed every Wednesday and is another way for you to find out what’s going on around Grounds. To submit an item, click here for more information.
- UNIVERSITY CALENDAR - To submit an event to the University Calendar go to the website, choose “suggest an event” under “calendar login,” and follow the instructions.
- SABOR is a newsletter designed to provide information about new, exciting, and culturally rich experiences occurring within the Hispanic/Latino community in the upcoming issue that may be especially pertinent to the Hispanic/Latino population at UVA. Submit all blurbs to firstname.lastname@example.org exactly as you would like it to appear.
- TABLE TENTS - To advertise in the dining halls, email email@example.com
- THAT’S WASSUP is a bi-weekly newsletter sent out via email by the Black Student Alliance. It includes all events, lectures, entertainment, and opportunities catering to the Black community at the University of Virginia. If you would like to submit a blurb to be placed in That's Wassup, email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.